If you are a current volunteer or have helped us in the past, thank you!
If you are considering volunteering for Special Olympics, welcome! Who can volunteer? Individuals, groups, families…anyone can volunteer. All of us have skills that can enhance the lives of others in our community. Volunteers come from all walks of life: students, sports officials, teachers, coaches, senior citizens, family members, corporate employees, business people, new immigrants, service clubs, tertiary courses, and community and church groups. There are many different roles for volunteers within the organization. To enjoy volunteering with Special Olympics New Zealand you need:
- a ‘can do’ attitude,
- to be open to learning and undertaking
- training where appropriate,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- time to invest.
You will be asked to adhere to the Special Olympics New Zealand Principles, Procedures and Code of Conduct, including:
- setting a good example for the athletes
- carrying out tasks in line with Special Olympics New Zealand rules and procedures
- being aware of health and safety procedures
- helping to promote awareness of Special Olympics
- being encouraging and positive to athletes.